NINAKURU hand-shaped wool hats are lovingly crafted in collaboration with our South American partner millinery, family owned and operated for over 80 years. Our wool hats are individually shaped by hand using an artisanal “blocking” process, which uses steam and water to mold the wool over handmade wooden hat blocks, or molds. We spend several weeks in South America carefully selecting our wool and color palettes for each season, and work side-by-side with our team of artisans pre-shaping our hats and preparing them for their journey to our studio in Ojai, California. Once the hats arrive in Ojai, we complete the shaping, and design and adorn them to be distributed to our boutique partners and customers around the world.
- Hand shaped
- Ethically sourced, 100% virgin wool
- Exterior band | Leather and lace band with bronze and game feather
- Interior sweatband | Leather
- Options | Available with or without game feather. Loop provides space to add your own decorative adornment
- Long brim | 8-9 cm
- Crown height | 9.5-10.5 cm